35 weeks pregnant

It's funny how much of a difference not having a car can make to your mood - I've felt really trapped & have become a little bit stir-crazy. The week probably didn't differ from any other week, but not having the comfort of knowing that I can pop out whenever I need to has been rather frustrating. That coupled with the fact that I am a walking hormone has meant that last week was an emotional roller-coster: Lucky, lucky family.

How far along? 35 weeks 1 day
Measurement at belly button: 40 inches.
Maternity clothes: Ehhh no, so far I've spent a grand total of £50 on maternity wear, maybe my normal clothes were super baggy to begin with but I haven't actually needed that many.
Stretch marks? Still none on my bump, I have been very lucky so far. 
Sleep: We moved the bedroom around to accommodate the moses basket, so the bed is now facing the window & I've actually been sleeping a lot better than before. Maybe we applied feng shui without realising...
Best moment this week: Frans birthday meal was a really nice night & it was lovely seeing everyone there. I also can't go without mentioning that Hannah & Previn welcomed  their baby boy to the world yesterday, I'm not ashamed to say I had a little celebratory cry when we got the text through.
Miss anything? I'm not sure if it's strictly something I miss, as I wasn't prone to indulging much before pregnancy, but I had an overwhelming need for beer with my pizza last night & I'm not drinking anything alcoholic so it had to be ignored.
Movement: Lots, I'm sure I was nearly able to distinguish babies little feet once or twice. Space is obviously running out.
Food cravings: I guess the beer counts as one, how funny.
Anything making you queasy or sick? My addiction to HayDay is pretty sickening.
Gender: I'm no more sure than ever, but I did the Chinese gender chart just for giggles & China say's it's going to be a girl, game on China.
Labour signs: Not even a braxton.
Symptoms: Pregnancy blues, they've been utterly awful as of late - I'm struggling a lot, but I feel lucky to have such amazing support around me. For any of you out there that are going through it: you're not alone, try not to beat yourself up for feeling down - it's entirely normal & you will feel better soon, hormones are a funny thing.
Belly button in or out? Out, apart from when baby is chilling on one particular side of my body, when it's doing that my stomach looks like a doughnut.
Happy or moody most of the time: It's been split, I initially wanted to say that I've been moody all week but that's not the truth, mostly I've been happy but there have been some low times & they tend to stick out in my memory the most. I found a really cheap "pick me up" though: applying Suncream. There's something so nostalgic about the smell that I can't help but be reminded of our last beach holiday & that cheers me up in a second. Next stop, real holiday (hint hint.)
Looking forward to: Seeing some of the ladies for a coffee, Tuesday with George & getting my little car back.

Search This Blog