Pregnancy "bump" photo shoot


Believe it or not; I am terribly camera shy. I always feel more comfortable pulling an intentionally ugly face for photos than attempting a pretty one & failing miserably. But I really didn't want to pass up the opportunity to partake in a "bump" photo shoot, so for an hour on Monday I stripped down to the bare essentials & somehow ignored the desire to pull a duck face.

Apart from glossy  hair & stronger nails I've hardly blossomed in my pregnancy: My skin has erupted in spots, my lips are chapped, my fingers are sausages & I have a layer of blubber everywhere - including my knees. Needless to say, I wasn't convinced that I would like any of the photographs when I saw them & I certainly didn't think that I would ever share any with the world, but the truth is: I couldn't be happier with them.

Part of how I found the confidence to do the shoot stemmed from the worry that I might regret not doing it, but mostly it was thanks to how comfortable Emilie made me feel. I really loved how informal the shoot was & not once did she utter "more of that darlin" or "work it." We chatted, she took photo's in different poses & then we were done - completely painless, but it still felt very special.

Being pregnant has been such an incredible journey for me & I feel so lucky to have some beautiful images to start our collection of memories as parents. I would encourage anyone to give it a go, don't worry about how you usually feel in front of a camera - this shoot is all about "the bump." I can't wait to go back & have some more photos taken when baby arrives & I look forward to sharing them with you all.


To find out more about being photographed by Emilie please visit her website: www.emiliesweddings.com or contact her directly at emilie@emiliesandy.com

Search This Blog