House update - April

Hi Everyone! I have some rather exciting news... We FINALLY have a completion date & a move in date for the house! Yay yay yay!

For those of you who didn't know: George & I bought a house a few months back, it's a 'new build' so we're going to be the first family ever to live there, which is amazing, but we have had  a few set backs a long the way.

When we initially showed interest in the property we were told that our 'move in date' should be the beginning of March. Then, after the snowfall it was pushed to mid March, then after a problem with water supply it was pushed back again to the end of April & now (after being told that the site office for the entire development couldn't be anywhere but on our parking spaces) we have a firm date of May 31st.

Under normal circumstances I suppose I would probably be pretty annoyed at how long we have been made to wait, but despite really wanting to move in I think that things have turned out for the best. George, Evelyn & I have been staying with my very kind & very caring family, so I've had a huge amount of support around me for the first few weeks of becoming a parent. We've also not had to make a mortgage payment for two months which means that we may be able to afford a wardrobe or two & maybe even a man shed if George is lucky.

I've been to have a look around twice now, once with mum & once with George. The progress didn't vary much between visits but it was lovely to been able to walk around & to be able to appreciate the space properly.

The kitchen has been fitted, the tiles grouted & every room is ready for a last lick of paint & the flooring to go down. The only obvious project left is the outside which needs the lawn laying, tree planting, wall building & tarmac laying.

I still cant quite picture how it will be with everything done but it's amazing to finally be able to experience the 4d version of the 2d plans I've been staring at for months & I'm really looking forward to making our house a home. Rest assured there will be a lot of Home Decor & DIY blog posts to come.


Search This Blog